Okay, I’ve gotten way too many messages about this and it’s starting to stress me out. I WAS gonna wait till after I was done chapter 12 to talk about this but I don’t think I can.
So, Mangamagazine.net recently launched their subscription system, where readers have to pay to read the latest content from premium series. That includes Todd Allison & the Petunia Violet.
Now the biggest concern people have is “OMG!! DO I HAVE TO PAY TO READ T&P NOW!?!” and the answer is not really. The difference between subscribing and not-subscribing is the speed at which you’ll be able to read the pages. Subscribers will be able to read the pages… whenever I finish them (so that’ll be like the full chapter each month… WHICH I HAVEN’T BEEN DOING WELL WITH THIS WHOLE YEAR…). If you end up not subscribing, you’ll be reading that same chapter but at the speed of 1-2 pages per week.
I am not 100% sure of how this system works (like I’m not really sure… if it’s 1 page per week or 2… I really want 2 pages per week) because I haven’t tried it out yet, but this was my understanding. Otherwise, I never would have agreed to it because I understand that not everyone can pay.
The second thing is that chapters 9-11 of Todd Allison & the Petunia Violet are locked and can only be read by subscribers. I feel a bit iffy about this because I find it super bizarre to just LOCK out a part of the series… but I can understand the reasoning when it comes to a series that has way more chapters than T&P. However, it doesn’t sit right for me and my comic since it’s only three chapters… I don’t really see the point of locking them. Besides… if you go to google and type in “todd allison and the petunia violet chapter 9”, you can find it very very easily.
I see a lot of people getting angry and telling me that they won’t pay because they can easily find free webcomics to read elsewhere. That’s fine. But if it’s a misunderstanding of how this system works… I hope I’ve explained it? If after my explanation you’re still thinking “nope not reading this comic anymore” alright. That’s okay. Nobody’s forcing you to read it.
The authors at Mangamagazine.net bust their ass off to draw an entire chapter every month. This isn’t easy (I SHOULD KNOW) when you’ve got things like school, work and other commitments to worry about. The only reason I’ve been able to draw so much of Todd & Petunia was through Mangamagazine.net’s support. Whatever little I earned from drawing this comic helped me a lot. This subscription system is an effort to help the authors and support the site. If you feel betrayed and bitter about this change, then I suppose there’s nothing I can do about that.
If you have questions and concerns about this new system, I urge you to talk to Mangamagazine either through the forums or their contact page. They need feedback! This is a process and obviously it’s a system that needs work but they’re trying. I please ask you all to support this site if you can. If you can’t, then I understand.
Anyways, that’s all I wanted to say. I’m gonna go… because this really is making me stressed out. Like straight up, the messages/comments people have been sending me is making me feel awful. Also sorry sorry sorry for taking so long with chapter 12… OKAY BYE…
- ithoughtwealreadydidthis likes this
- dorkyboo likes this
- argason likes this
- nikkiphilia reblogged this from zeeenya
- tittlekid likes this
- inkblazers reblogged this from zeeenya and added:
- aishasuggs likes this
- mahou-shoujo-death likes this
- cannachan reblogged this from zeeenya and added:
- miki---sayaka reblogged this from zeeenya and added:
- crapple-s likes this
- elijahkun likes this
- rompitome likes this
- kyokimochi likes this
- ponytaorponyboy said: Nozmo! Don’t worry! WE LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!!! Thank you so much for being kind enough to answer my questions :)
- ponytaorponyboy likes this
- thesecretsavant likes this
- discoparade likes this
- goknights said: WOW CAN I STRANGLE YOUR FANS what is WRONG with people!!!! YOURE TOO GOOD FOR THEM NOZMO omg im so mad
- acitydissolving likes this
- thelastweeaboo likes this
- odettery likes this
- newshoe reblogged this from zeeenya and added:
- fabulondarkness likes this
- betaminshitto likes this
- shibbi11 likes this
- lampton likes this
- gorockets likes this
- jello-bomb reblogged this from zeeenya and added:
- seenisambol likes this
- dragonageyaoi likes this
- princess-kooh-the-pirate likes this
- princess-kooh-the-pirate said: I’m really grateful I got to read TAVP for free for so long, it’s easily worth paying for to read and I intend to get a subscription, hell I’m glad I can actually start supporting the artists I love with real money! TBH $12 for 6 months in’st a lot.
- artandcetera likes this
- silkpanties said: oh i see!! well i dont mind, maybe i’ll even get a subscription HMMM
- silkpanties likes this
- wordstumbleforth reblogged this from zeeenya
- cirquedumarisol likes this
- shokobos-life-of-minute-failures said: Just going to join the group of people that don’t mind this new subscription system and hope this message counters those bitter ones <3
- tanjovee likes this
- yazzydream likes this
- tendercomrade said: Please don’t feel awful! Your comic is worth the subscription!
- tokimekiwaku said: I hope it gets better for you :-( !! It’s not your fault and it’s awful you’re getting messages like they won’t support you… because???? wow what???
- tokimekiwaku likes this
- coloruler likes this
- coloruler said: IT’S REALLY OK I CAN WAIT YOU’VE GOT PEOPLE BEHIND YOU WHO CAN WAIT WE STILL LOVE YOU :’DDD
- mangokappu likes this
- devilncravat likes this
- sharkymalarky likes this
- little-cocoa likes this